Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"I Gotta Go!"

I really want to do a "looking back over the last year" update, but before I do, I wanted to get this one in. I'm hoping I am not jinxing myself by bragging too soon, but had to share. The girls are now a little over 2 1/2, so it's safe to say that we have gone through AT LEAST 25,000 diapers...ugh! Thanks to Ford Elementary students and staff we didn't have to buy any of those until the girls were 18 months old! WOW! And since then many have helped out with boxes for their bdays, gift cards, etc. (and recently the "diaper angel" has been bringing them, thank you Grandma!)

Well, I am very happy and proud to say, that those days are almost over! We introduced "the potty" to the girls around the time they turned two, but only used it (or tried to) before getting in the bath at night. At the first of November, we ALL (minus Daddy) got very sick and I knew we weren't going anywhere for awhile, so decided to go ahead and give it a shot. It was hit or miss, mostly a miss, but I felt like the girls started understanding a little more. During the holidays, I let it go again, but decided to start the sticker chart a couple weeks ago...and it's WORKING!!

I must admit, I'm a little surprised to say that Madison is our first "Big Girl"! I really thought Kennedy would take the lead, as she has in everything else, but Madison proved us wrong. That strong will and determination is paying off! Way to go Madison! She has gone about a week with only a couple accidents, she sleeps in big girl panties at naps, and I'm being extra brave tonight and letting her sleep without a pull-up overnight (I'll let you know how that goes!). Kennedy and McKinley are right on her heels. They are both doing very well, panties all day, a few more accidents, on and off at naps, but pretty much a success! So, I'll go as far as to say we have 2 potty trained (1=Madison 1/2=Kennedy 1/2=McKinley). Taylor on the other hand, could care less!! She's definitely the baby of the four, but that's ok. Our box of diapers should last us almost a month, instead of a week now! We are proud of you girls!




Madison and Kennedy on the "double potty" in their bathroom. They are going to be shocked to only find one potty per stall in the public restrooms. :) I'm sure they will love that I'm sharing this picture with everyone but couldn't resist. I feel like the bathroom has been my "home away from home" lately, so wanted you to see where I've been!

These are the sticker charts from the first day. This is the same thing we used for Reagan when she turned two and it worked just as well. You can still see the pin holes in the walls from her chart, seems like just yesterday. :( We had to use the big wall this time. Their charts are filled up now (Taylor has about 15 stickers on hers) and Madison & Kennedy have had to turn theirs over and use the back already. Their different personalities even came through with stickers. Madison's are lined up nice and neat in rows, no sticker touching another. Kennedy a little less neat, but likes them to be right side up. And McKinley's are all over the place, overlapping, off the page, upside down. I never thought I might be able to predict the future through a sticker chart!! None the less, we are having fun, in and out of the bathroom!

5 comments:

Cassidy said...

Hi,

I just found your blog via the Jones quints.
I followed your site "Save the wells" before and I am pleased to have again news to the girls and see how they grew up since summer 07

Unknown said...

I love the sticker chart comment! That's too funny! They are getting so big, let me know when they outgrow the plasma car...I want to buy that off you. It will have a few thousand miles on it, but they look too fun and your girl love'em!

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Way to go girls!!!

P.S.
Lauren would like to know if Kennedy is willing to share some of that GORGEOUS hair!?!?! I love it!

Misty said...

OMG! Potty training! We just introduced the potties too. but they are in the play area right now. The girls are gorgeous!
And we got the same kitchen for their birthday.
Talk to you soon,
Misty

Unknown said...

Ahh Bob! That is great.... good job, girls!!