Thursday, April 23, 2009

Silly Spring Days

We are loving this Spring weather! It's been "mostly sunny, with a chance of rain". The days of rain have been few and far between but when it decides to come down, it lets loose. I've driven through hail 3x in the last 4 weeks or so. We got over 5 inches here at the house last weekend and we needed it...since then, "Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun!". I'm one of those that would rather be hot than cold, so this Texas Spring weather and I get along great. We have been having lots of fun outside with the girls and are looking forward to having Reagan back home with us in June. Thought you would enjoy these pictures of us on our silly spring days! :)


I think this was one of those rainy mornings where we stayed inside. You never know what they are going to come up with next, one of them is always up to something. I think this was McKinley's idea...Taylor was not allowed on the bottom after the picture, just in case. :)

Taylor loves to dress up!

The Frog Trampoline is a hit at our house. The Speck Family gave it to the girls for their birthday one year, and they love it! They watch big sister do flips and turns, and try to do the same. McKinley watches very closely.
Taylor


Madison


Kennedy AKA "Crazy Hair!"




McKinley



I told you she watches very closely...loves to "thread the needle"


We've spent a few days at the park playing as well. I will say that as much as I love the summer and enjoy the heat, it's hard to do this during those really hot days. So we are trying to enjoy this as much as possible.
Please note the t-shirts...they match the personalities perfectly. :)

Taylor
"Hello My name is CUTIE"

Madison
"Everyone loves a blue-eyed girl"


Kennedy
"I'm not trying to be difficult, it just comes naturally"




McKinley
puckering up for some chapstick before going to the park
"This is my Princess Shirt"


And last but not least....some fun pictures from today...
We delivered some t-shirts this morning and then came home to play.
I always pick out the girls outfits. Sometimes I will let them choose how to do their hair. And most of the time, I let them pick the shoes they want to wear.
So this is what we got from Taylor this morning....you never know?!?
Top to bottom
St. Patrick's Day headband
piggies
nipple from baby bottle
sweet outfit from Teresa
sticker tags up and down her legs (you can only see one in pic)
one pink and one purple flip flop

And yes, I let her wear that out of the house (minus the nipple).
Somethings just aren't worth fighting over...I was choosing my battles today!


Taylor giving Kennedy kisses!
Sweet girls!!!


Kennedy




Madison



McKinley giving Madison kisses!



McKinley


McKinley, Kennedy, and Taylor
Coudn't get all four together today :)


And after all of our fun outside...delivering, playing, and eating a picnic lunch....it was nap time!
This tends to be my favorite part of the day, not sure why?! :) Most days, they all sleep at the same time, some taking a little longer to actually fall asleep and others sleeping a little longer. McKinley is usually the first asleep and Kennedy the last. And McKinley is usually the first awake and Madison the last. There are days that this doesn't go as mommy plans, which is why I hardly ever take a nap with them, because as soon as I plan that, without fail, someone doesn't nap. So this is what happened today....remember I said usually!
Kennedy and Madison sleep in their normal beds, in separate rooms. Taylor sleeps in a pack n play in the office and McKinley sleeps in a pack n play in our room. Like I said, McKinley usually falls asleep within seconds of her head hitting the pillow...but not today! She talked, yelled, got out of her pack n play and into our bed....and then.....
I'm standing in the kitchen, getting some dinner ready to cook in the crock pot, and hear a noise in the living room. I walk over towards our room to find this...

Yes, that's McKinley trying to sneak out of the room with the blanket over her head, as if I couldn't see her. She's not making a noise.... until I called her name...


She thought she was hilarious! I guess she was, as hard as I tried not to, she made me laugh out loud. That girl is going to be trouble!

We hope that everyone else is enjoying the weather and each other! Looking forward to a very nice weekend full of crawfish, softball, birthday party, March for Babies walk, and church!


2 comments:

Marsha Cashdollar said...

These are wonderful pictures! Thanks for coming to see me yesterday I loved my little visitors and they brightened my day :)

3BoyMom said...

Bobbi Jo...Your girls could NOT be cuter! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures!